Promoting Diversity And Inclusion
Appreciating diversity is a business imperative. Of course, we should treat all people with respect and dignity in all aspects of our life. Diversity as a business imperative, however, goes beyond this. It means that if we all had the same background, experience and ways of thinking, we would be limited in our ability to solve problems, develop new ideas, compete in our industry, and, thus, to effectively meet organizational goals. The organizations and leaders who promote diversity and inclusion will be the ones to succeed.
- Expected Outcomes
- Understand the benefits of working in a diverse and inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all employees
- Identify opportunities to adopt more inclusive behaviours
- Assess and begin to develop your cultural competence
- Learn to use more inclusive language and to adapt to diverse communication styles
- Learn strategies to disrupt biases and contribute to a collaborative, inclusive work culture