Application Writing Process with Your Coach
- You complete assessment questionnaires.
- Your coach schedules one-hour meeting to discuss your goals, challenges and detailed career history.
- Your coach develops a draft resume/cover letter and, with your feedback, finalizes the base application, which can be used for non-solicited job applications.
- You and your coach develop a list of suitable job opportunities and you both source several potential job ads.
- Your coach develops a cover letter customized to meet the qualifications of a specific job, which you can update for other applications. Your coach can develop customized versions of the cover letter for different fields, or for public or private sector.
Interview Skills Coaching
- An initial one-hour discussion is conducted to determine your goals, challenges, and target position.
- You and your coach source job ads for your target position and your coach develop sample interview questions related to the position.
- Your coach provides worksheets outlining the types of interview questions and the STAR/PAR framework to answer behaviour-based questions so you can write detailed, point-form responses.
- Your coach conducts a series of 3 mock interviews by phone, video conferencing, and/or in person and provides detailed feedback on how to improve the content and delivery of the responses.