Employees must be able to clearly communicate important facts, issues and instructions to both internal and external clients so that communications are meaningful for all, regardless of background, education or profession.
In this 1-day Clear Writing workshop, we discuss the importance of clear writing and how to determine the readability of a document. We will discuss the phases of the writing process, how to analyse your audience and how to adapt writing accordingly.
We will focus on writing clear sentences and paragraphs, the building blocks of all documents.
Upon completion of the course, participants will return to work and be able to:
- identify the purpose of a communication.
- emphasize key messages and the most relevant information for the target audience.
- align the tone and style of a communication with its purpose.
- write clear sentences and paragraphs that readers can easily process.
- structure and format information so readers will easily understand messages.
- remove common language barriers from writing: jargon/technical terms/acronyms/unnecessary abbreviations.
- proofread, edit, and format drafts.